New to Biocommons and looking for ways to contribute? The best way to get started is to sign up on the Biocommons Slack and introduce yourself in the #intros channel! You should also join one or more Biocommons discussion lists.
If you have a specific feature in mind for a Biocommons product, create an issue following our coding guidelines to get in touch with a project team.
Ways to Contribute#
- Write code
- Triage issues and help users on mailing lists
- Clarify features to be developed
- Write and edit documentation
- Update and release SeqRepo and UTA
- Help with community projects, like the upcoming hackathon
Hi! We're glad that you're thinking about joining the community of contributors. There's a lot to do and many ways to contribute to the biocommons!
Still not sure how to contribute? Here are a few ideas to get started.#
Ask yourself what you like to do and what would you want to learn.
Browse the roadmap and issues
Introduce yourself on slack and ask for guidance.